Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Duplicator Error Message

Originally Published on 9/9/2014

I've been having an issue with the wordpress Duplicator plug-in building a copy of my site so that I can edit on a test site.

Here is the error message I'm getting:

I've contacted my host to try to resolve this on their end, but they were not able to resolve the issue. We tried switching the PHP version to CGI instead of fast CGI but no luck there. (I got the 2nd error message after we tried that)
We deleted the minified CSS files that were too long (Invalid File Names warning). I also edited the wp-config.php file to increase the server download limit, which actually didn't seem to be an issue to begin with.
Now, after switching the PHP to CGI instead of CGI fast and clearing the cache, deleting W3 Total Cache, I'm getting another error. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Update Published on 9/30/2014

So this was the strangest thing. When I came back the next day to try and work out this problem, I went into the Duplicator plugin on my install and found a package there! It seemed to be the correct size, so I checked it out and indeed the plugin is working again--I had a copy of my site that was working!

Sometimes even when you get a build interrupt notice, the package continues to build in the background. I think the main thing that allowed this to work for me is that I was advised to go into the Duplicator > Settings and check the Archive Flush box under the Package Heading. This is only recommended with large Archives, but I think for me (having a large archive) it was what allowed the package to continue building even after being interrupted (dreamhost has a 64 MB Timeout on downloads).

1 comment:


  1. Hello,

    we provide affordable and result-oriented SEO services, please give a chance to serve you.


    Thanks
    Admin: E07.net

    ReplyDelete